I have always, always been a camera girl. I went through many a disposable wind-up camera back in my day, and now with the iPhone camera always in my hand I’m always snapping photos throughout the day.
Located on the historic Snake Den Farm in Johnston, RI, Wicked Tulips Flower Farm has only been open for two seasons but is already so wildly popular that their tickets sell out regularly. The farm just opened up for the season last week and their smaller field is in full bloom.
I wanted to make sure I posted about my trip right away since their season is so short. Hopefully some of you local readers can make the trip.
Prepare for tulip photo overload (it’s so beautiful, I couldn’t help but take a million pictures) and some tips if you plan to visit.
I wish I had something more exciting to share with you regarding our current DIY adventures, but it’s spring. AKA yardwork season. Not typical spring yardwork here – pulling weeds and planting flower bulbs.
While we have been experiencing an unusually warm March here in Boston, rainy spring can’t be held off forever.
Rainboots, or “wellies”, are one of my favorite types of footwear.
Ahh, the Vernal Equinox. Normally when I think about the first day of spring my mind conjures up pictures of trees swaying in the light breeze underneath a blue sky, green buds shooting up through fresh grass or bluebirds chirping outside an open window.
Today was nothing like that.
Today was the opposite of a cheery, colorful, springy day. It was a gray, snowy, sleety slushy kind of a day.
Having lived in the northeast for my entire life one would think I’d learned by now. The irony is our snow finally finished melting this weekend in the nice, warm weather. (Argh! The snow won’t stay away!)
To lift my spirits , today I’m going on an imaginary Etsy shopping spree for my favorite nine things that remind that that someday spring will come!
1. This Posy Necklace from Tamar I feel better already! I think this adorable, colorful posy necklace. Plus, it would look great with any color top!
2. This Handmade Yellow Bird Stationary from PinkBathub is so sweet with the stamped bird and cheerful yellow envelope paired with it! The card is a gift in itself.
3. This adorable crocheted bunny hat from MamaMegsYarnShop is so cute! If I could get away with wearing this as a grown woman, believe me, I would.
4. These candleholders from PeppersPlaceDesign would be so lovely set on a table for a springy Sunday bunch with short pastel candles.
5. These lovely pink blossom earring studs by Amaniworks would be fun bits of color to add to any outfit.
6. This April Showers ring by Eelizabeth. I confess. I’m biased. I already own this set of ring and necklace and it makes me happy every time I wear it! (This is a good story. I was shopping in an antique barn in Newport, RI where I found them. When I went to purchase them the cashier had already shut down her register and just gave them to me for free!)
7. This garland by WestCoastKnittery brings a grin to my face! I’ve never seen a pom I didn’t like!
8. These striped bags from Ikabags are right up my alley! I love big purses! I can’t get away from them.
9. This tulip wreath from Twoinspireyou is just lovely! Maybe when I own a fancy wreath like this I will finally feel like an adult. On second thought, probably not. Nonetheless, I’d like to own this one!