My kitchen looked like this for the better part of this last weekend.
Clouds of confectioner’s sugar bloomed in the kitchen air. Sticks of butter disappeared. Chocolatey aromas wafted through the house.
All in the name of Christmas candies!
And there was much rejoicing.
(P.S. Like my new Christmas table runner? My sewing skillz are slowly growing.)
Recipes: (Going clockwise)
1. Snowdrops (recipe below, as I couldn’t find it online)
2. Buckeye Balls recipe
3. Chocolate Crinkles recipe
4. Peppermint Patties (my favorite!) recipe
- Melt 1 bag white chocolate chips and 1 cup peanut butter together in a double boiler
- In a bowl toss 3 cups rice krispies, 1 cup peanuts and 3 cups marshmallows
- When white chocolate/pb is melted, stir into cereal/nuts/marshmallows
- Immediately spoon on to wax paper to harden
- I refrigerated mine (aka. stuck them out on the deck)
Oye, I’m glad I went to Zumba tonight.
What is your favorite Christmas treat to bake? or not bake? Is anyone else pumped about ABC Family’s 25 days of Christmas?